La Trobe Student Union continues to strive for the betterment of the student experience at La Trobe University. As is the case with many organisations, LTSU has had to adapt and tailor its services as a result of the impact of COVID-19 and University funding changes (as detailed in our statement of 15 May). Staff and students have been working hard to make sure LTSU deliver the best services they possibly can and to plan how we can continue to provide them into the future.
As such, our service hours and staff availability are changing as follows:
• LTSU Reception will now be operating Monday to Thursday 10am – 3pm.
• Student welfare remains a top priority. Students can continue to reach out to Advocacy, Financial and Legal services. Queries via the live chat function and e-mail will continue to be monitored Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm.
• LTSU Clubs keep us connected. The clubs budgets remain fully funded. Club members are encouraged to plan club activities well in advance to ensure effective communication and planning with staff.
• Student Theatre and Film are creating a program for semester 2. Check back on the website for updates of opportunities in the coming months.
As always, we’re here to support you:
• You can contact LTSU’s Reception on 03 9479 2314 or email@example.com
• Reach out to the Advocacy Service on 03 9479 6503 or via the advocacy email
• Arrange an appointment Financial Counselling on 03 9479 2314 or contact via email
• Get in touch with the LTSU Legal Service on 03 9479 2314 or via email
• The LTSU Clubs Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Theatre and Film may be reached at email@example.com
These changes will be taking effect as of Monday 8 June.
We are so grateful for the ongoing support of the La Trobe community. Remember that your wellbeing matters and we encourage students to utilise the many support services available during this time of transition.
La Trobe Student Union
Elissa Khoury - General Manager & Annabelle Romano – LTSU 2020 President