Tram Route 86/96 - Upcoming Network Upgrade Works – 31-Aug to 16-Sep
There will be some disruptions to services on tram routes 86 and 96 due to the construction of three new accessible platform stops along Nicholson Street.
Construction commences on Friday 31 August at 11.30pm until 5am Sunday 16 September 2018.
This will affect each tram service as follows:
• Route 86 trams run as Route 86a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 10 Parliament Station and Stop 25 Clifton Hill Interchange
• Route 96 trams run as Route 96a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 10 Parliament Station and East Brunswick, diverting around the work zone.
Stops not serviced by replacement buses:
• Route 86
Stop 11 Victoria Parade to Stop 12 Melbourne Museum
Stop 23 Wellington Street to Stop 24 Michael Street
• Route 96
Stop 11 Victoria Parade to Stop 16 Rose Street
Alternative travel options to/from La Trobe:
• Route 96 replacement BUS from Parliament Station
• South Morang and Hurstbridge trains between Clifton Hill and Parliament Stations
• Bus 250 via Rathdowne Street
• 350 Bus from the City and Victoria Pde
• 109 Tram to North Richmond Station to connect with South Morang trains
• 200/207 buses to Victoria Park Station to connect with the train South Morang trains.
Trams and replacement buses will run to normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time due to traffic congestion.
Allow extra travel time when planning your journey.
For more info on the planned disruption visit the PTV website.