Important Unsatisfactory Progress Information

Book an appointment

News details

Danielle MENGEL

Last Edit

Important Unsatisfactory Progress Information

If you failed a subject in Semester 1, 2018 you might be asked to attend a ‘student at risk’ meeting or a Level 3 Unsatisfactory Progress Committee Meeting, known as UPC. The University issues these meeting requests via email once results are released. These meetings will be conducted between the 6th and 24th of August 2018 at La Trobe campuses. If you think you may have failed a subject in Semester 1, please check your email once results are released!

What should I do if I am called to attend a meeting by the University?

If you have been called to UPC or an ‘at risk’ meeting, you should seek independent advice and support from your campus Student Union or Association's Advocacy Service.
Advocates can attend these at risk or UPC meetings with you, if you request support. They will also provide information about how to respond at that meeting in person or in writing.

You should attend UPC or ‘At Risk’ meetings if you are asked to do so. If you do not attend the meeting or do not respond in writing to the meeting request, a decision about your enrolment will be made without hearing your reasons for failure.

How do I contact the Advocacy Service on my campus?

  • Bundoora, City, Shepparton and Mildura campus students can book an appointment to see an LTSU advocate via phone: (03)9479 2314 or via email
  • Bendigo campus students should contact the Bendigo Student Assoc. via their website -
  • Wodonga campus students should contact the Wodonga Student Assoc. via Joanne Mathey —

Further information on Unsatisfactory Progress and At Risk Meetings

Read this important information provided by the University about Unsatisfactory Progress and ‘at risk’ meetings.

Academic Progress Statute

Academic Progress Policy