1. New clubs must have at least 10 members, two thirds of whom must be La Trobe University students (undergraduate or postgraduate)
2. The club's aims and objectives must not conflict with those of La Trobe University
3. The club must not duplicate the activities, aims or objectives of an existing club. New clubs must be substantially different (both in scope and organising team) from existing clubs. Check out the full list of clubs in the Search Clubs section
4. The club's AGM must be advertised on the LTSU website for a minimum of one week before occurring so that all interested students have the opportunity to attend. It must then be attended by a minimum of 10 La Trobe students
5. LTSU can affiliate non-sporting groups only. Sports clubs must affiliate with Uni sport
6. LTSU affiliated clubs and societies must affiliate with LTSU every year.
Steps to creating a new club
*Note: this process can take between several weeks and several months to complete for the first time.*
1. Email your idea to the Clubs and Societies Officer (contact details below). Be sure to include your group's proposed aims and objectives
2. Wait for approval to complete the affiliation process from the Clubs and Societies Officer. This may take up to a couple of weeks if your proposed group is at all similar to existing clubs, and because the decision to go ahead is made in conjunction with students and student committees.
3. Once your idea is approved, you can begin the process of officially affiliating with LTSU. Submit completed affiliation forms to the Clubs and Societies officer.
4. Your affiliation request will be taken to CSAC (Clubs and Societies Affiliation Committee), a small group of elected students who will decided whether to recommend your club / society for affiliation or not.
5. Finally, your club will be taken to the next relevant Clubs Council for voting from the clubs community, and subsequent approval of affiliation.
Contact the Clubs and Societies Officer
Level 2, Upper Agora West, La Trobe University Bundoora