Boasting Australia's largest inland network of waterways, Lakes Entrance has long been a popular holiday spot. Lakes Entrance is situated on the edge of Ninety Mile Beach where the Gippsland Lakes meets the Southern Ocean. Cross the footbridge to the popular Ninety Mile Beach, patrolled by lifesavers during the summer months to enjoy the pristine surf beach.
Lakes Entrance is renowned as a seafood capital due to the large number of fishing trawlers operating in the area. Catch your own fish or savour the catches from fresh seafood shops around town.
Overnight Trip: Saturday 29 April - Sunday 30 April 2017
DAY 1: Meet your Driver/Guide at 8.00am.
- Once we have stored your luggage in the cargo hold, we will cast off. Set sail to one of the largest lakes system in the Southern Hemisphere.
- We will anchor at the township of Yarragon for our "Billy Tea" (Morning Tea)
- Then it's on to the Lakes region, our first port of call will be Paynesville for a "Fish N Chip" lunch.
- After lunch we will cruise over to the lovely hamlet of Metung and explore the area.
- It's time to Anchor and set up camp (Accommodation)
- Your “Captain” will prepare a sumptuous dinner.
- After dinner you can stroll along the foreshore of Metung admiring the Moon and Stars dancing on the lake. Take in a "Hot Toddy" at the local Inn.
- Then its off to your Bunk where you will hear the sounds of the Lake while you sleep.
- "Ships Ahoy" me matie. Its time for a full Breaky to get those old sea legs working.
- We are off to board our ship for a tour of the Lake's system.
- We will visit the Fishing town of Lakes Entrance where we will have some of the local fish for Lunch.
- After lunch we will visit the historic town of Buchan where we will go underground and explore "The Buchan Caves".
- Then we will set sail and head for the Port of Melbourne arriving around 7.00 pm.
- DAY1: Morning Tea-Lunch-Dinner-Overnight Accommodation-Transportation-Services of Professional Driver/Guide-Park Fees
- DAY 2: Breakfast-Lunch
All La Trips:
Are operated by a professional tour company and are supported by La Trobe student volunteer/s
Include main meals, bus transportation, attraction entry fees and accommodation (where applicable)
Are non-fundable if cancellations are made less than 5 days before the trip. Guests are welcome, however, to on sell their ticket, but must inform LTSU via email of the name change.
Are open to non-students/friends as long as their accompanied by current La Trobe student/s
La Trips @ La Trobe is presented in partnership with our friends at Last Minute Day Tours.