TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
LTSU ethics and values
Advertising and Partnership must comply with the LTSU’s ethics and will not be accepted if the advertisement, product, or company contravenes the LTSU Constitution and the values therein, including if it:
- Portrays people or depicts material in a way that discriminates against or vilifies a person or section of the community on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability or political belief;
- Is considered to be misleading or deceptive or is considered to engage in misleading or deceptive conduct;
- Promotes, supports or contributes to environmental damage, including the use of plastic packaging for sample products.
- Promotes the use of tobacco, gambling or alcohol products;
- Promotes the use of illegal substances;
- Promotes or engages in “adult services” (such as brothels, escort services, phone sex and similar services) or pornography;
- Does not take a responsible position with regard to fair trade or labour rights.
- Would damage the reputation, standing or brand of the LTSU
Competition with University interests
In addition, advertising and partnerships will not be accepted if they are in direct competition to LTSU or La Trobe University services. Activity in the Agora will not be permitted if it involves goods or services that are in competition with University interests.
- Print and Digital partnership rates are charged for space only – creation of graphics and design work, including amendments, are the responsibility of the advertiser/partner.
- Any images and text must be provided by the advertiser in a timely manner (ie at least 2 weeks prior to the booking period or by the specified deadline) or the booked space may be forfeited.
- All promotional materials must be approved by the LTSU prior to distribution to students. LTSU may exclude or request amendments to any advertising taking place at stalls or LTSU Events. All advertising content is subject to approval by the LTSU and we reserve the right to refuse any advertising material submitted. Should any campaign be refused, LTSU does not accept liability for any costs incurred by the advertiser/client.
- All advertisers hiring space for on-campus activations must hold a current public liability insurance policy of a minimum $10million. A copy of the certificate of currency must be submitted at the time of booking. All stallholders/on-campus advertisers agree to indemnify LTSU against all claims, suits, actions or demands which may result in any injury or other loss sustained by you/anyone participating in the activity. All stallholders agree to indemnify and hold harmless LTSU in the event of any claim for loss, damage or otherwise by any person.
- Cancellations to bookings must be in writing within 1 week of confirmation and no later than 4 week prior to the event. The LTSU reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee that is equivalent to 50% of the booking cost. Most events will proceed during wet weather and may be located in a contingency venue. Refunds are not available due to inclement weather.
- All partners must comply with LTSU instructions for events, including in regards to OHS, site access, rubbish disposal and approved advertising areas.
- An invoice will be issued for full pre-payment in order to confirm your booking. Payment terms are 10 days from the date of invoice or prior to the event. Rates do not include agency commissions. Your booking cannot be guaranteed if full payment has not been made in a timely manner.